FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO CAN ATTEND SAMUNC?
SAMUNC committees are open for participation by any undergraduate or postgraduate students of any and all experience levels who are 18 or older at the start of the conference. If you are a high school student from Years 10 to 12, you can participate in the internship program.
I’VE NEVER DONE A MUN BEFORE, WHICH COMMITTEE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
This year we’re recommending DISEC or UNESCO for beginners, as we’ll have it set up with extra support and guidance for first time MUNers. However, if you’d like a bit more of a challenge, you’re more than welcome to choose any of the other committees! Your directors will be there to help guide you through the committee sessions. Bear in mind that the Security Council is for more experienced MUNers only.
WHAT IS A MUN?
At its most basic level, MUN, or Model United Nations is exactly what the name suggests – it is a simulation of the proceedings of the United Nations and other international organisations. Delegates are assigned to a specific United Nations committee or crisis simulation in which they take on the role of a diplomat representing a state, an international organization, NGO or a specific political or historical character. Through active research, debate, and cooperation, delegates work to solve some of the world’s most dire problems over the course of the conference. Press delegates take on the role of the international press, reporting on each committee and interviewing delegates.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
We ask that all delegates wear business attire during committee sessions. Casual dress is fine for social events.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PREPARE?
If you’re a committee delegate, research your country’s position on the topic you are debating and prepare an opening statement on your country’s stance. If you’re a press delegate, research how your media organisation portrays the issues of the day.
HOW DO I ACCESS INTERNET IF I’M NOT AN ADELAIDE UNIVERSITY STUDENT?
Edu Roam is accessible to all university students. Simply use the log-in details from your home university.
WHO ORGANISES SAMUNC?
SAMUNC is jointly presented by the Adelaide University United Nations Society and the University of South Australia United Nations and International Relations Society.
WHEN IS SAMUNC 2015?
SAMUNC 2015 runs from the 20th – 23rd of September.
WHERE IS SAMUNC HELD?
In 2015 SAMUNC will be held at the University of Adelaide.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Early Bird Price: $70.00
Standard Price: $80.00
Standard Price: $60.00
When you purchase one of the above tickets for SAMUNC, you will receive the following:
Entry to all social events
Internship Standard Price: $20.00
When you purchase your ticket for SAMUNC, you will receive the following:
Entry to all social events (where entry is allowed)
Free lunches on days of interning
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE TICKETS?
Before purchase, please read the following:
(please note that this applies to all tickets purchased as part of the SAMUNC 2015 event).
1. Tickets are only valid between the 20th and the 23rd of September 2015.
2. An additional event ticket is available for the post event social on the 24th September 2015.
3. Tickets can only be transferred to another person with the permission of the SAMUNC 2015 Executive.
4. Tickets must be purchased before 5pm on the 19th of September 2015. Tickets sales will be closed after this time.
5. If your payment is not processed, your committee or country selection will not be secured. These selections are only guaranteed once payment is provided.
The ticket refund policy is as follows:
1. SAMUNC 2015 will only offer a refund of a ticket if an event has been cancelled, rescheduled, significantly relocated or a technical issue is incurred.
2. SAMUNC 2015 will not be be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
3. SAMUNC 2015 does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
4. SAMUNC 2015 will refund 50% of the ticket price if Medical and Compassionate grounds prevent you from attending the event. Sufficient proof of these grounds will need to be shown or demonstrated to the SAMUNC 2015 Executive.
5. You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Refunds will not be provided in any circumstances after 5pm on the 19th of September 2015.
6. All decisions regarding refunds – including but not limited to whether or not a refund is granted – are made entirely at the discretion of the SAMUNC 2015 Executive.
WHAT FUN STUFF ARE YOU OFFERING?
In addition to the social events at the end of every conference day, we will be hosting a post-conference social event!
We will be organising a half-day Food and Wine Tour on the 24th of September 2015. This social will depart in the early afternoon in the CBD of Adelaide and conclude at 4:30pm in the CBD of Adelaide.
This social comes at an additional cost of $30. Payment will be requested at the same time as you purchase your delegate ticket.
We would love to see you there as we unwind from a long 3 days of committee sessions!
ANY FURTHER INFORMATION NEEDED?
- Delegate hotline: 0405 484 612
- E-mail: email@example.com